Post Doctoral Fellow with Dr. Jason Moore (University of Pennsylvania)
512 Wartik Laboratory
Pennsylvania State University
Environment-Wide Association Studies
Phenome-Wide Association Studies
M.S. Neuroscience and Education
B.S. Human Development
Middle School Science Teacher
Teach For America
Middle School Science Teacher
Uncommon Schools, Inc.
- Hall, M. A. et al. Biology-Driven Gene-Gene Interaction Analysis of Age-Related Cataract in the eMERGE Network. Genet. Epidemiol. 39, 376–84 (2015).
- Hall, M. A. et al. Detection of pleiotropy through a phenome-wide association study (PheWAS) of epidemiologic data as part of the Environmental Architecture for Genes Linked to Environment (EAGLE) Study. PLoS Genet. 10, (2014).
- Hall, M. A. et al. Environment-wide association study (EWAS) for type 2 diabetes in the Marshfield Personalized Medicine Research Project Biobank. Pac. Symp. Biocomput. 200–11 (2014).
- Hall, M.A. et al. Session Introduction: Characterizing the the importance of environmental exposures, interactions between the environment and genetic architecture, and genetic interactions. Pac. Symp. Biocomput. 2015.
- Pendergrass SA, Verma SS, Hall MA et al. (2013) Next-generation analysis of cataracts: determining knowledge driven gene-gene interactions using Biofilter, and gene-environment interactions using the PhenX Toolkit. Pac Symp Biocomput: 147-58.
- Ritchie MD, Verma SS, Hall MA et al., (2014) Electronic medical records and genomics (eMERGE) network exploration in cataract: Several new potential susceptibility loci. Molecular Vision: 20.
- Pendergrass SA, Verma A, Okula A, Hall MA, Crawford DC, Ritchie MD (2015) Phenome-wide association studies (PheWAS): Embracing complexity for discovery. Human Heredity 79:111- 123.
- De R, Verma SS, Drenos F, Holzinger ER, Holmes MV, Hall MA, et al. Dissecting the obesity disease landscape: identifying gene-gene interactions that are highly associated with Body Mass Index (submitted).
- Molly A. Hall, Scott M. Dudek, Robert Goodloe, Dana C. Crawford, Sarah A. Pendergrass, Peggy Pessig, Murray Brilliant, Catherine A. McCarty, Marylyn D. Ritchie. 2013. Environment-wide association study (EWAS) for type 2 diabetes in the Marshfield Personalized Medicine Research Project Biobank. Manuscript accepted for the 2014 Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing journal and conference.
- Molly A. Hall, Shefali S. Verma, Emily R. Holzinger, Richard Berg, John Connolly, Dana C. Crawford, David R. Crosslin, Mariza de Andrade, Kimberly F. Doheny, Jonathan L. Haines, John B. Harley, Gail P. Jarvik, Terrie Kitchner, Helena Kuivaniemi, Eric B. Larson, Gerard Tromp, Sarah A. Pendergrass, Catherine A. McCarty, Marylyn D. Ritchie. 2013. Replication of gene-gene interaction models associated with cataracts in the eMERGE Network. Abstract presented as oral platform talk at the 2013 American Society for Human Genetics (ASHG) Conference.
- M.A. Hall, A. Verma, K.D. Brown-Gentry, R. Goodloe, J. Boston, S.A. Pendergrass, D.C. Crawford, M.D. Ritchie. 2012. A Phenome-Wide Association Study (PheWAS) using multiple National Health and Nutritional Surveys (NHANES) to identify pleiotropy. Abstract Accepted for poster presentation at the 2012 American Society for Human Genetics (ASHG) Conference.
- M.A. Hall, A. Verma, K.D. Brown-Gentry, R. Goodloe, J. Boston, S.A. Pendergrass, D.C. Crawford, M.D. Ritchie. 2012. Detection of Pleiotropy through a Phenome-Wide Association Study (PheWAS) in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES). Manuscript Accepted for talk at the 2012 Translational Biology Conference.
Scholarships, Awards & Fellowships
2015 Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Predoctoral Fellowship (Parent F31), funded through the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
2013 Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 2014 Travel Award, funded through the National Library of Medicine/National Institutes of Health
2013 Paul M. Althouse Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
2012 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Programming for Biology Course Scholarship
2012 Genetic Analysis of Complex Human Disease Travel Scholarship, funded through the National Institutes of Health
2011 Braddock-Roberts Fellowship (Penn State University, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)