Co-Mentored by Dr. Marylyn Ritchie and Dr. John Wherry
A301 Richards Building
3700 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
My primary research interests are in knowledge representation in immunology. My current research focuses on developing an immune-focused ontology and high-quality knowledge graph for autoimmunity from heterogeneous multi-omics databases. I am passionate about data integration, structuring information into explicit reasoning, improving the machine-readability of heterogeneous data, and developing user-friendly tools for computational immunology.
My interests outside of science include mountain biking, rock climbing, ultimate frisbee, camping, cooking, foraging, freelance scientific illustration, designing interactive art sculptures, and serving as the Executive Director of Village Bridges, a social impact organization I co-founded with a team of young women from my village to serve our Vietnamese diaspora community.
- PhD Genomics & Computational Biology, Perelman School of Medicine
- MA Statistics (Dual-Degree), Dept. of Statistics & Data Science, Wharton School of Business
- MS Biotechnology, Concentrations in Bioinformatics and Molecular Targets & Drug Discovery
- Postbac Research Education Program, NIGMS/NIH R25 Training Program, Concentration: Computational Epidemiology
- BA Anthropology, Concentrations: Cultural and Biological Anthropology
- National Cancer Institute, 2018-2022
- Women In Bio Non-Profit, 2019-2020
- Harvard University, 2018
Irene and Eric Simon Foundation Fellow
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, 2018
Biostatistics Research Intern
- Virginia Tech, 2017-2018
PREP (Post-bac Research Education Program) Fellow
- Van Q. Truong*, Jakob A. Woerner*, Tess A. Cherlin*, Yuki Bradford, Daniel H. Hui, Anastasia M. Lucas, Manu K. Shivakumar, Rachit Kumar, Milton Pividori, Chelsea C. Okeh, S. Chris Jones, Abigail C. Bossa, Stephen D. Turner, Marylyn D. Ritchie and Shefali S. Verma. Quality Control Procedures for Genome-Wide Association Studies. Curr Protoc Hum Genet. (2022) *Denotes equal first-author contributions
- Momchil S. Tomov, Van Q. Truong, Rohan A. Hundia, Sam J. Gershman. Dissociable Neural Correlates of Uncertainty Underlie Different Exploration Strategies. Nature Communications, (2020). DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-15766-z.
- Marshall Goodwin, Cara L. Croft, Hunter S. Futch, Daniel Ryu, Carolina Ceballos-Diaz, Xuefei Liu, Giavanna Paterno, Catalina Mejia, Doris Deng, Kimberly Menezes, Laura Londono, Kefren Arjona, Mary Parianos, Van Truong, Eva Rostonics, Amanda Hernandez, Sanford L. Boye, Shannon E. Boye, Yona Levites, Pedro E. Cruz, Todd E. Golde. Utilizing minimally purified secreted rAAV for rapid and cost-effective manipulation of gene expression in the CNS. BMC Molecular Neurodegeneration, 15:15 (2020). DOI: 10.1186/s13024-020-00361-z.
- Hunter S. Futch, Cara L. Croft, Van Q. Truong, Eric G. Krause, Todd E. Golde. Targeting psychological stress signaling pathways in Alzheimer's disease. BMC Molecular Neurodegeneration, Volume 12, Number 1, Page 1 (2017). DOI: 10.1186/s13024-017-0190-z
- William Brewer, Yan Xin, Chris Hatem, David Diercks, Van Truong, Kevin Jones. Lateral GE Diffusion During Oxidation of Si/SiGe Fins. Nano Letters, 2017, 12 (4), pp 2159-2164. DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b04407
- A. G. Lind, T. P. Martin Jr., V. C. Sorg, E. L. Kennon, V. Q. Truong, H. L. Aldridge, C. Hatem, M. O Thompson, K. S. Jones. Activation of Si Implants Into InAs Characterized by Raman Scattering. Journal of Applied Physics, 119, 095705 (2016). DOI: 10.1063/1.4942880
- Moore, J.H., Truong, V.Q., Robbins, A.B., Nicholson, D., Williams-Devane, CL. Ten important roles for academic leaders to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in data science. BioData Mining 14, 22 (2021).
- Van Truong. “Beyond Zoom: Virtual Gathering Spaces for the Holidays and Beyond” ExtremeTech. (2020)